We are constantly looking for suitable people to join us. Please check this page for current openings.
Due to the nature of our operation in the performing arts industry, over 90% of our colleagues are working on a part-time basis. They include creative professionals, performing arts teachers, and stage and technical arts management people.
Our full-time team includes course management executives and assistants, and custom-made gig executives and assistants.
Apart from work-related experience, EXCEL team members have the following qualities:
– Passion, drive and determination
– Responsible and reliable
– Highly organised
– Experienced in dealing with people and situations and always with professionalism
– A questioning mind with a natural problem-solving flair
For any enquiries, please direct them to email@example.com and marked for the attention of the General Manager.
ASSISTANT PROGRAMME MANAGER
EXCEL is looking for an Assistant Programme Manager to oversee the operation and functioning of the Programme Team, including venue and tutor scheduling, and student recruitment. The Assistant Programme Manager is also expected to have some sales and marketing knowledge to contribute to course promotion. The right candidate needs to be very organised, with good systems thinking and good supervisory skills. He/She must also have very good people skills and maintain a very good working relationship with tutors and all parties.
Applicants should have:
- A degree, preferably in business administration, marketing or related disciplines from a reputable university.
- At least 4 years of managerial and supervisory experience.
- Highly organised and be able to maintain the integrity of our operational system
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese, proficiency in Putonghua could be an asset.
- Good analytical skills and reporting skills as a manager.
- Good leadership qualities, including good judgement, and abilities to work independently and to supervise, coach, motivate, and help colleagues grow.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility, organisation skills and attentiveness to details are requisite.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and Chinese word processing.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointment will be on a two-year fixed-term contract. Contract may be extended at the end of two years when satisfactory performance has been demonstrated. Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include:
- medical benefits
- annual leave
- mandatory provident fund
Please submit your application, with full résumé, availability and expected salary to the General Manager, Extension and Continuing Education for Life (EXCEL), Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts via emails firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com on or before Friday 22 January 2021.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.
PART-TIME PROGRAMME ASSISTANTS
HKAPA EXCEL runs evening and weekend courses and PROGRAMME ASSISTANTS are needed to provide support to these courses. Responsibilities include class setup, providing support to teaching staff and students, handling enquiries, and administrative work. Conscientious university students with some working experience are welcome to apply.
– Fluent in Chinese and English
– Good command of Microsoft Office, English and Chinese word processing
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Strong sense of responsibilities
Suitable candidates can work with us in one of the following appointment formats:
(1) Part-time employment with regular evening and / or weekend work
(2) Part-time employment with ad-hoc evening and / or weekend work (Salary: HK$50-60)
Please submit your application, with full résumé, and whether you are seeking (1) or (2) above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant applying appointment format (1), please indicate your expected salary.