Choral Conducting and Rehearsal Certificate Course
This workshop provides direction and guidance for beginning choral conductors. Its primary aim is to help in-service teachers as well as amateur conductors for churches, and other nonprofessional choirs with active learning based on the participants own situational needs. The overall goals are to enhance choral conducting skills, and identify and prepare for the multiple roles, responsibilities, and techniques required of a good choral conductor.
The outline of the course is:
• Learning basic choral conducting techniques and leadership
• Implementing good rehearsal planning and leading effective rehearsals
• Leading choir harmonisation and teaching basic vocal techniques (including posture, breathing, diction, intonation, and rhythmic skills)
• Selecting choral repertory and building choral programme
• Score reading and score preparation
• Other elements, including audition techniques, classification of voices, and administration of choral organisations This is a practical workshop conducted in Cantonese, with hands-on practice with a vocal ensemble made up of class participants. There will be opportunities for individual participants to conduct brief excerpts and receive comments from the instructor.
Participants who have attended at least 75% and pass the assessment of the course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Applicant must read EXCEL’s enrolment terms and conditions on http://excel.hkapa.edu/enrolment-terms-and-conditions
31 Jul 2020 - 01 Sep 2020
- No Class Date
19:30 pm - 22:00 pm