Drama Combo Camp H (Age 13-16) (Conducted in English)
Improvisation, often called improv, is a form of acting in which most or all of what is acted is unplanned or unscripted. It is one of the core techniques used by actors, as it stretches the imagination, heightens communication with other actors, sparks spontaneity and teaches people to think and respond quickly.
Besides being a highly useful skill in all areas of life, improvisation is a fun and great way to make friends in a dynamic, energetic and educational environment.
1. Learn how to think quickly on the spot
2. Learn how to act and be creative
3. Encourage students to face their fears of taking risks and being critiqued
4. Build confidence through improvisation acting
After reading through and analysing a few short comedic scenes, students will pick a scene they are interested in, then work with the teachers and each other to develop the scene.
Teachers will assist students with their character development, staging, presentation of the scene as well as overall acting, with a focus on acting skills to effectively deliver a comedic scene.
1. Learn comedic acting skills
2. Learn how to analysis a script/scene
3. Learn how to develop and deliver a comedic scene
4. Develop an appreciation of the collaborative nature of the theatre arts
Applicant must read EXCEL’s enrolment terms and conditions on http://excel.hkapa.edu/enrolment-terms-and-conditions
26 Jul 2021 - 30 Jul 2021
- No Class Date
13:30 pm - 16:45 pm
30 Jul 2021