Fundamentals of Stage Management Certificate Course
Stage Management is the glue that gels the production and performing teams together. It is a fine mix of good personal and interpersonal communication skills and practical skills that are vital in holding together all types of people (not forgetting the audience too!) in all the different departments.
This course is an overview of the roles of stage management in the theatre industry. Course content includes:
• Outline of the stage management team’s duties and responsibilities including their roles in the technical period
• Introducing theatre conventions, stage equipment and theatre glossary
• Organisational and management skills
• Preparation of prompt book and blocking notation
• Understanding the financial responsibilities of the stage management team in relation to production budgets
• Introducing the relationship of the stage management team to other theatre personnel
• Calling cues
• Stage managing various art forms
• Theatre health and safety
On successful completion of this course, participants should understand some of the fundamental techniques of stage management. The course includes a session for participants to practice at a theatre. There will be a combined practical class for students from Stage Lighting Design, Stage Management and Sound Technology and Operation course at the last lesson.
Participants who have attended at least 75% of the course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Applicant must read EXCEL’s enrolment terms and conditions on http://excel.hkapa.edu/enrolment-terms-and-conditions
01 Nov 2019 - 14 Dec 2019
- No Class Date
19:30 pm - 21:30 pm