Sound System Design and Application of Arts Tech Certificate Course
This certificate course extends beyond the content of Fundamentals of Sound Technology and Operation into complex modern analog and networked digital audio systems, with a special focus on delivering sound to an audience using loudspeakers. It discusses how technology combines with physics which opens a new frontier in sound reproduction, and how Immersive Audio expands a sonic field that goes beyond the traditional listening experience.
Supported and sponsored by d&b audiotechnik, an internationally renowned company for professional sound reinforcement systems and solution providers, students will have a chance to experience the quality of its sound systems as well as meet with experts from the company.
Course Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Analyze and criticize production sound systems
- Analyze the needs of a production sound system
- Describe digital audio networks
- Design sound systems for venue and production
- Demonstrate knowledge of loudspeaker dispersion and coverage
- Demonstrate knowledge of delayed loudspeaker systems
- Understand immersive audio basics and how to implement them in live events and installations
- Employ best practices to set sound system components on a stage
*Pre-requisites: Completion of Fundamentals of Sound Technology and Operation Certificate Course or 3 years or above experience in sound related industry
**Please note that the last lesson will be a practical lesson.
12 Jun 2022 - 21 Aug 2022
- No Class Date
10:30 am - 12:30 pm