Theatre-based Public Speaking Coaching Course (Conducted in English)
The ability to present your thoughts and ideas in succinct, engaging language and to hold the undivided attention of an audience is a good skill set to have… at any time!
This course is your first step toward becoming a sincere and engaging speaker with ‘presence’. There are no short cuts – it takes practice and discipline. We will focus on your strengths and develop a platform on which to build your speaking skills.
In this course you will learn by doing. We will use theatre based material and techniques to expand your public speaking ability. The course is conducted in small group of around 10 students to ensure ample attention is given to individual students.
This is how it will work:
Phase One: Use theatrical monologues to:
• Take you out of your comfort zone
• Familiarize yourself with being uncomfortable
• Cope with stage fright and turn it into positive energy
• And in doing so, increase the scope of your comfort zone
Concurrently, we will work on:
• Connecting with the audience
• Having a conversation instead of giving a lecture
• Awareness of natural nonverbal characteristics (vocal patterns, hand gestures, facial expressions, eye contact and other body language)
• When to move and when to be still
Phase Two: Practice and present 3 minutes speeches* to the class. *Materials will be provided by the Tutor
*Due to Covid-19, the schedule and venue of the course may subject to change.
Applicant must read EXCEL’s enrolment terms and conditions on http://excel.hkapa.edu/enrolment-terms-and-conditions
19 Sep 2022 - 24 Oct 2022
- No Class Date
19:30 pm - 22:00 pm
24 Oct 2022