1. Application / Enrolment
1.1 Application Important Notes
Applications for courses will be accepted up to three days before the commencement of each course unless otherwise specified. It is advisable to register well in advance as places are limited. Applications will be handled on a first-come first-served basis. EXCEL reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
1.2 Enrolment and Payment Methods
When enrolling for a course, applicants should provide accurate names (as shown on your HKID card), postal addresses, contact telephone numbers, and email addresses.
Applications can be made by a representative, however, the applicant’s name and contact details must be accurately presented at the time of enrolment so that EXCEL can verify course participant identity, and contact the participants in the case of any class changes.
For registration done through HK Ticketing, it is important to obtain the class tickets after the registration. Participants must present valid class tickets to attend the classes.
Details of enrolments and payments channels:
(Tel: 31 288 288)
* Subject to the latest announcement of HK Ticketing
Registration through HK Ticketing
For internet and telephone registration, tickets available for collection from any HK TICKETING Box Office (please refer here for box office address). As an alternative, courier service is available for ticket delivery at HK$25* per transaction.
It is the customer’s responsibility to check the information on the course title, date and time, and all related details on tickets carefully before leaving the HK Ticketing counter or before making payment via HK Ticketing. Customer should also ensure that the correct number of tickets that have been paid or official receipts is obtained before leaving the HK Ticketing counter. Tickets sold are non-returnable and non-exchangeable.
1.3 Course Discount
A 10% discount may be offered to the following applicants:
• Senior citizen card holders
• Holders of registration card for people with disabilities
• Full-time students (effective from 21 March 2023 onwards)
• Card holders of Hong Kong Federation of Education Workers
• Participants who enrol within Early Bird Discount period (for courses that are enrolled via HK Ticketing Only)
The discount is only applicable to such card holders themselves. The card holders cannot enrol on behalf of other parties with the discount offers.
The discount cannot apply to courses which specified.
Each of the offers stated above cannot be used in conjunction with other discount offers.
EXCEL reserves the right to a final decision in case of any disputes.
2. Course Cancellation, Transfer and Refund Policy
2.1 Course Cancellation, Change of Course Specification
EXCEL reserves the right to cancel or change any courses at any time if circumstances required. EXCEL will make the best endeavour to inform all participants who have submitted contact details at enrolment should necessary changes occur. EXCEL reserves the right to cancel a course before the course commences in case of insufficient enrolment. In the event of course cancellation, EXCEL will notify the registered participants and arrange for course refund as soon as possible.
If in doubt, participants are encouraged to enquire on 2584 8721.
2.2 Special Circumstances Arrangement
In view of the possible transportation disruption or other special circumstances due to the unpredictable nature of the situation in various districts, classes may be affected. In general, all EXCEL classes will continue as usual as far as possible, and until further notice. When classes are conducted as usual, no make-up class or refund will be arranged to participants who decide to be absent.
In cases of unexpected circumstances, including force majeure cancellation of classes, EXCEL will inform the affected participants by urgent messages via email. No refund will be arranged in such circumstances.
2.3 Course Refund
Course fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances as below:
The course is cancelled before the commencement, in which case the course fees, handling charges and mailing charges (if applicable) will be refunded to the participants in full. Registered participants will receive email notification for refund details and required documents. All refunds will be issued after all necessary documents are received. Refunds will be made by cheque within 8 weeks.
2.4 Course Transferral
Once admitted to a course, participants may not change to another course.
Fees and admission offer on courses are not transferable from one enrolee to another.
3. Guideline for Participants
3.1 Course Participant Identity
Participants will receive a confirmation email regarding the details of course time and venue before the commencement of the course.
Only the enrolled participant is allowed to attend course. EXCEL may request participants to show their Hong Kong Identity Card or provide other sufficient proof of identity and/or age.
3.2 Children Courses
Parents or caregivers maybe requested to stay in the course venue to provide assistance should the child participants cannot attend the course independently. Tutors may request a participant to leave the class if any behaviours interrupting the class occurred.
3.3 Bad Weather Arrangement
|Amber or Red Rainstorm Signal||N/A||Classes continue as scheduled.
(For children and teenagers’ courses, parents are reminded that they are solely responsible for the safety of their children under such conditions).
|Typhoon Signal No. 1 or 3|
|Black Rainstorm Signal & Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above||Before classes start||Suspended until the signal is lowered.|
|When the Hong Kong Observatory announced that the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is likely to be issued within the next two hours||Continue until the signal is officially issued, then classes will be suspended immediately|
|Classes have already started||Immediately suspended|
Classes will resume if Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is lowered, or the Black Rainstorm Warning is withdrawn three hours before the class start time unless otherwise announced.
Participants are advised to pay attention to the latest announcement from EXCEL for the most updated arrangements.
No make-up class or refund will be arranged for classes cancelled due to bad weather.
3.4 Class Regulations
1. Eating and drinking are not permitted in the teaching venues. Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Academy.
2. Please set the mobile phones or any other beeping devices to silence mode.
3. All course notes, course materials and information supplied to participants by EXCEL are for private study purposes only. The copyright of all these materials belongs to EXCEL and all rights are reserved.
4. Audiotaping, videotaping and photography is prohibited during classes, except with the prior permission of EXCEL.
5. EXCEL reserves the right to exclude from class any participant whose behaviour disturbs the rest of the class, or who does not comply with Academy regulations. If a participant has caused damage to school property, a fine will be levied based on the market value of the damaged item.
6. Personal belongings should not be left unattended at any time. EXCEL will not be responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
7. Non-dancing shoes are not allowed in any dance studio.
3.5 Certificate of Attendance
Participants who have attended a course with 80% or above attendance will receive a Certificate of Attendance. The Certificate will normally be issued to participants within 6 weeks from the course completion date.
3.6 Statement on Personal Data Collection
1. It is necessary for applicants to supply their personal data and to provide all information requested in the application documents, as otherwise EXCEL may be unable to process and consider their applications.
2. The personal data provided in this form will be used for processing participant’s application for admission, and for registration, academic and administrative communication, alumni management and contacts, research, statistical and marketing (including direct marketing) purposes. The data will solely be handled by EXCEL staff abut may be transferred to an authorised third party providing services to the EXCEL in relation to the above purposes and prescribed purposes as allowed by the law from time to time.
3. When the processing and consideration of all the applications for a particular programme have been completed: (a) the application papers of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed (if you have indicated to receive our promotional materials in Paragraph 5 then your contact details and opt-in consent would be retained for such purposes); and (b) the application papers of successful candidates will serve as a part of the applicant’s official student records and will be handled by EXCEL staff or by staff of an authorised third party providing services to EXCEL in relation to the stated purposes. In all such circumstances, please be assured that any personal information you supply will be kept strictly confidential. Personal data collected arising from any payment for this application may be retained as statutorily required and for processing refund, if necessary.
4. EXCEL will send urgent message to students via email and supplement by other means such as SMS (if the need arises). It is therefore important that the email address and the mobile phone number that the applicant provides are accurate. Any change should be reported to EXCEL immediately.
5. From time to time, EXCEL will send the latest updates and promotional materials to applicants/students and alumni on the availability of the programmes and courses. This will also include seminars and events, discounts and offers, clinics and other services as well as the alumni events, privileges and offers, networking opportunities and fund-raising initiatives. Occasionally information from parent Academy and fellow APA subsidiaries may also be sent. Various communication channels will be employed such as direct-mail, email, mobile phone and other forms of social media, by using applicant’s/student’s personal data (including, but without limitation to, name, contact details and other information collected in their profile such as the programme(s) enroled, graduation year etc). Participants always have the right to make subsequent changes on their choice of receiving further marketing materials by sending a written unsubscribe request (by email or post) to EXCEL at any time.
If you DO NOT WISH to receive our latest updates and promotional materials through the communication channels as stated above, including discounts and offers from time to time, please email EXCEL at email@example.com.
6. EXCEL assumes the right to take photos during classes, rehearsals and performances, and will use such photos for course promotion purposes without the prior consent from persons in the photos.
7. For details on the EXCEL’s policy on personal data (privacy), please refer to HKAPA’s website (https://www.hkapa.edu/site/privacy-policy).