Full-time Musical Theatre Programme 2020-21 [1 Year]
for 2020 – 21 intake is now open!
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Performing Arts
(Registration Number: 252301)
EXCEL (Extension and Continuing Education for Life) of HKAPA is proud to be making its contribution in continuing education within the sphere of the performing arts, related technical arts, and film and television. Since 2002, HKAPA EXCEL has been running its Summer Musical School (SMS), providing high quality musical theatre training in the summer. In 2009, a full-time musical theatre programme was launched, which was eventually accredited by Pearson BTEC in 2012, leading to the Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Performing Arts qualifications.
EXCEL MUSICAL THEATRE PROGRAMME
PEARSON BTEC QUALIFICATION
– Secondary school graduates and those who are considering a career change are welcome to apply.
– Applicants must be 16 years old or above, have completed at least Form 5 or equivalent, and pass the subject of English Language.
– Experience in acting, singing and dancing will be an advantage. All candidates must pass an audition.
- The Performing Arts Industry
- Professional Development
- Jazz Dance
- Tap Dance
- Musical Theatre History in Practice
- Vocal Repertoire
- > 專業培訓音樂劇表演 不同崗位 展現跳唱演信心與實力 (明報 JUMP, July issue 2019)
- > 音樂劇舞台上跳、唱、演全方位展現表演藝術才華 (明報 JUMP, July issue 2018)
- 音樂劇在香港——供求癥結致乏唱作培育 (Sing Tao Daily, 2017-05-12)
- > 升學、就業展所長，BTEC 課程多元化！為 DSE 考生提供更靈活的升學選擇 (Sing Tao Daily, 2016-11-25)
- > 修讀 Pearson BTEC 認可課程，成為全能音樂劇演員 (Job Finder 青雲路, 2016-11-10)
- > BTEC 讓演藝學生盡展潛能──香港演藝學院演藝進修學院 (Pearson BTEC Website)
Past graduates had joined Hong Kong Disneyland and Ocean Park for career development. Some are doing freelance works, doing TV commercial and performance-based works. Others are furthering their studies at the Academy or overseas.
5. A cheque for application fee payable to “EXCEL Ltd.”
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR AUDITION
Applicants will be invited to attend an audition. Candidates need to prepare the following:
1. A one-minute presentation of monologue from any plays.
2. A one-minute presentation of a song from any musicals or related styles.
3. Candidates must provide their own pianist or prepare an MMO in CD format.
4. At the audition, candidates will be taught a series of dance combinations and requested to present it before the panel of judges.
5. A cheque of the Registration Fee payable to “EXCEL Ltd.” on or before the audition. (Registration Fee will be banked in when the student is accepted; the cheque will be returned to unsuccessful applicants. Candidates without Registration Fee payment cheque will not be auditioned.)
- EXCEL will inform applicants audition date and time by email in due course. Result will be released via email within a week after the audition
Application form is downloadable Here.
Programme brochure is downloadable Here.
* It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead